Swedish wine industry – an industry among others in the food sector.
Purpose of the business and collaboration with SBOV:
To create conditions for developing the winning industry into a professional industry – with viable companies, international competitiveness, high competence, and strong development ability.
Activities in the group:
- Work to increase the number of wineries and producers who support themselves in Sweden’s winery. Increase interest in starting up vineyards with younger people – possibly complement other agriculture.
- Work to enable a transition to a professional industry.
- Create a sensory lab in Kristianstad that will be ready for use in January 2022.
- Establish education in wine production at a Swedish university within five years.
- Initiate research projects on Swedish viticulture at universities and colleges.
- Conduct opinion formation about the possibility of growing and producing Swedish wine.
- Initiate training/courses for business development and innovation management for winegrowers/producers.
- Initiate wine discussions on issues such as what characterizes Swedish wine.
- Work to ensure the quality of Swedish wine.
- Initiate project applications to start/implement wine projects in different organizations.
- Establish a platform for wine development in Sweden.